The Regional Research Collaboration (RRC) Program supports research collaboration in our regions.
As part of the Job-ready Graduates package, we will invest $48.8 million over 4 years to create a Regional Research Collaboration (RRC) Program.
The RRC Program will:
- fund research collaboration between regional universities, industry and other higher education providers
- help address the challenges associated with undertaking research in regional institutions
- improve support for regional areas by strengthening rural research capacity
- create more opportunities for Australians in regional areas to pursue post-graduate qualifications
- open more opportunities to develop local industry
- help regional institutions develop their research strengths, particularly through skills development.
Read the RRC Program Guidelines for:
- eligibility criteria
- program objectives and outcomes
- application process and criteria
- selection process.
Apply for the program
Applications for the RRC program will be open from 7 April 2021 until 5 pm AEST on 18 May 2021.
We expect to notify successful applicants in June 2021 with approved projects to begin the second half of 2021. Further rounds will open in subsequent years.
If you have any questions, please email RRC@dese.gov.au.