PaTH Business Placement Partnerships (Business Partnerships) trial co-design between industry and government of pre-employment pathways to help young job seekers into identified jobs. The pathways will use elements of the Youth Jobs PaTH, existing employment and training services, combined with other supports to develop tailored recruitment solutions.
A panel of national industry associations has been selected to deliver the Business Partnerships. The panel will respond to emerging opportunities, and forward plan for potential collaboration to support young people into jobs in the recovery from COVID-19.
There are 12 industry associations on the Business Partnerships panel, with a collective membership base of hundreds of thousands of businesses. The panel members have a national footprint and the opportunity to develop projects in any locations where there are jobs.
Pathways that lead to apprenticeships and traineeships are particularly desirable.
The panel members cover a range of industries, including disability care; accommodation and food services; building and construction; business; retail; electrical and communications; manufacturing and motor trades.
The Panel members are:
- Accommodation Association of Australia Inc
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Australian Meat Industry Council
- Housing Industry Association Limited
- Motor Trades Association of Australia Ltd
- National Disability Services Limited
- National Electrical and Communications Association
- National Retail Association Limited
- Restaurant and Catering Industry Association of Australia Incorporated
- Master Builders Australia Limited
- The Australian Industry Group
- Australian Retailers Association
The trial runs until the end of June 2022 with $10 million available to support the design and delivery of tailored pre-employment pathways that meet the needs of both employers and young people looking for work.